Have a safe and enjoyable summer
Report cards will be mailed on Friday June 26.
Students are allowed in Classrooms 7:55.
School begins at 8:10.
Students are dismissed at 3:04.
In the News
One of our very own students, Miguel, was chosen as one of the national Artists of the Week on Artsonia.com. You can go online and vote for your favorite artist. The winner will get prize money and also money for the school for art supplies! Click here to check it out and vote!
Also, THANK YOU SO MUCH to all the volunteers, teachers, staff and our wonderful PTA for volunteering, and supporting SOL FUN DAY! It was a wonderful huge successful day for all! We couldn't have done it without you all.
SOLS Are Coming Up!
Be sure to help prepare your child for upcoming SOL tests by checking out our test practice sites on the Resource tab. These links will enable the students to feel more confident and give you a chance to see how they will be assessed. Also, do your best to get your child to school on time and ensure they are well rested and fed each day. The following is the general testing schedule:
4th: Starts May 19-24
5th: May 25- June 1, and again on June 8 and 9th.
3rd: June 2- June 7
Join the PTA
Please consider joining the EFF PTA this year. Simply fill out the PTA member ship flyer and return to the school. Just look at the benefits of joining.
- Your child benefits: When parents get connected to the school, children do better. Research shows children whose parents are involved get better grades, do better on tests, and have fewer discipline problems at school.
- We make a difference: Our mission is to create the kind of school community where teachers and administrators can do their best work – and so can our children. We provide support for teachers in and out of the classroom.
- We are about parent involvement, not fundraising. In these times of tight budgets, parents groups everywhere are having to fill in the gaps, and so are we. But our number one goal is to get more parents connected to the school. More than 300 independent research studies show that building parent involvement in education is the number one thing we can do to create a great school and improve student performance.
- There is lot to be done and it is fun: These days, schools are asked to do more with less. Our help is needed more than ever to fill in the gaps. Yet the work is easy and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. This is enjoyable fun.
- We have fun and meet nice people: We share an inevitably common objective: working on our children’s future. The PTA is a natural incubator for great friendships. Don’t miss out in being part of a larger community family.
Fairfield Volunteer In Education
We ask you take 5 minutes of your time to review the list of volunteer opportunities and consider signing up for at least one of them. There is great variety to choose from so we are sure you will be able to find something that is a good fit for you. If you are unsure at this time about what specific activity you wish to be involved in, but still want to volunteer, just let the PTA know and we will add you to the stand-by list that we will call on when help is urgently needed. Event volunteer sheets will also go out when the activity date approaches giving you another opportunity to sign up.
We also encourage you to watch the Volunteers In Education Video to get an overview of the program and to check out the VBCPS Volunteer In Education website for more information.
Connect with us
7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
8:10 a.m. - 2:40 p.m.