Have a safe and enjoyable summer
Report cards will be mailed on Friday June 26.
Students are allowed in Classrooms 7:55.
School begins at 8:10.
Students are dismissed at 3:04.
In the News
SCA "Souper"Bowl Canned Food Drive
Vote for your favorite Super Bowl Team by bringing in canned food items Feb 1-5th. See flyer for details.
We will be hosting a night of preschool fun called "WEE Learn Through Literature" for our preschool siblings. Come join us, Tuesday, February 9th, at 6:00. Please register for the event by using this form and return forms to the school ATTN: Mrs. Bussey. Registration Form for WEE Falcon Event.
Kempsville AVID Applications
Kempsville AVID Applications are due to KMS guidance department by Friday, February 19, at 3:50. You may complete the applications earlier and submit to Ms. Bosseler by 8:30 am on Friday, February 19th. AVID applications are available on the Kemspville MS website (www.kempsvillems.vbschools.com) or they are available to pick up from Ms. Bosseler.
Drop… Everything… And… Read!
On Thursday, February 25th, Fairfield Elementary School will drop everything and read! Children will be served hot chocolate or lemonade while they read their favorite books. Special guest story readers will visit classrooms and read to students. There will be fun reading activities in every classroom.
Come to school in your pajamas! Reminder, the 25th is an early dismissal day.
If you are interested in reading to your child's class, please contact Mrs. VanNostrand at 648-2480 or email: Raye.VanNostrand@vbschools.com
The goal of Career Day is to help students understand how reading and education affects their future career. Career Day is March 2, 2016. Presenters will talk for 20-25 minutes to two different classes about the importance of education and how reading affected their job choice. Presenters may also read a favorite book of choice, talk about your school experience and education, and distribute promotional materials and goodies. If you are willing to be a presenter, please fill out and submit this form and we will be in contact with you soon!
Career Day Google Form and Info
Brandon Middle and Kempsville Middle School Tours for 5th Grade Students
Thursday, April 21st, 5th Grade students will have an opportunity to visit prospective middle schools and tour them. Tours will start at 9:30 for Kempsville MS and 10:00 for Brandon.
Join the PTA
Please consider joining the EFF PTA this year. Simply fill out the PTA member ship flyer and return to the school. Just look at the benefits of joining.
- Your child benefits: When parents get connected to the school, children do better. Research shows children whose parents are involved get better grades, do better on tests, and have fewer discipline problems at school.
- We make a difference: Our mission is to create the kind of school community where teachers and administrators can do their best work – and so can our children. We provide support for teachers in and out of the classroom.
- We are about parent involvement, not fundraising. In these times of tight budgets, parents groups everywhere are having to fill in the gaps, and so are we. But our number one goal is to get more parents connected to the school. More than 300 independent research studies show that building parent involvement in education is the number one thing we can do to create a great school and improve student performance.
- There is lot to be done and it is fun: These days, schools are asked to do more with less. Our help is needed more than ever to fill in the gaps. Yet the work is easy and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. This is enjoyable fun.
- We have fun and meet nice people: We share an inevitably common objective: working on our children’s future. The PTA is a natural incubator for great friendships. Don’t miss out in being part of a larger community family.
Fairfield Volunteer In Education
We ask you take 5 minutes of your time to review the list of volunteer opportunities and consider signing up for at least one of them. There is great variety to choose from so we are sure you will be able to find something that is a good fit for you. If you are unsure at this time about what specific activity you wish to be involved in, but still want to volunteer, just let the PTA know and we will add you to the stand-by list that we will call on when help is urgently needed. Event volunteer sheets will also go out when the activity date approaches giving you another opportunity to sign up.
We also encourage you to watch the Volunteers In Education Video to get an overview of the program and to check out the VBCPS Volunteer In Education website for more information.
Connect with us
7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
8:10 a.m. - 2:40 p.m.