Have a safe and enjoyable summer
Report cards will be mailed on Friday June 26.
Students are allowed in Classrooms 7:55.
School begins at 8:10.
Students are dismissed at 3:04.
In the News
Students if you haven't completed the Compass to 2020 Monitoring Survey please access this link and enter the teacher given code to complete. Student Survey
Community Support and Outreach
Please help us as we support Tallwood High School and the AIDNOW Foundation to help children who may be in need of clothing in Virginia Beach. From April 13-May 13 we are collecting gently used or new jeans to donate to this worthy cause. So if you are doing some spring cleaning and want to help students in our community, please take an extra look around and see if you have some jeans you might be able to donate. Thank You!
SCA Appreciation Week: Week of May 2nd
Starting Next Week, the SCA is celebrating and honoring all things Fairfield with the SCA sponsored Appreciation Week. Each day next week we would love to honor and appreciate our wonderful staff and students through words and random acts of kindness. Feel free to write a note, a poem, draw pictures or give a compliment to those that we are honoring each day.
Monday- We will be celebrating our TEACHERS, and let them know how much we appreciate all that they do.
Tuesday- We will be thanking our CUSTODIANS, for their dedication and devotion to keeping our school in tip top shape each and every day.
Wednesday- We will be thanking our awesome ADMINISTRATION AND OFFICE PERSONEL.
Thursday- We will show our appreciation to our BUS DRIVERS AND CAFETERIA STAFF.
Friday- We will celebration our favorites, OUR STUDENTS! The SCA is hosting a school-wide kickball event. On Friday, May 6th at 1:15 Fairfield Staff and Students will be competing in a kickball competition on our outside fields.
If you have a rising kindergartener, please join us for our Wee Falcons on May 3rd at 6:00 pm. It is a great night to interact with many of the teachers and specialists your child will meet next year for kindergarten.
Save the Date: 4th and 5th Grade Chorus and Strings Performance
The 4th and 5th grade chorus and 5th grade strings will be performing on Wednesday, May 4th at 6 PM. Please join us to see your child's performance. Wonderful memories will be made!
SCA Spirit Week: Week of May 9th
Our students are working hard and getting ready for SOL tests coming up in May. To help celebrate all their hard work, the SCA will be hosting Spirit Week May 9-13th.
Monday- To celebrate Language Arts, be sure to wear something with WORDS on it, so we can READ all day
Tuesday- Let's score high on our SOL Math tests, but wearing team jerseys or something with NUMBERS on it.
Wednesday- Is SCIENCE day, so let's think like a scientist and mix things up with MIS-MATCH day.
Thursday- Thursday is THROWBACK THURSDAY for SOCIAL STUDIES, so dress up from any decade!
Friday- Friday is RELAX day, because even though the SOLS ARE SNEAKING up on us, we are ready! Wear your comfy clothes and sneakers for the SOL FUN DAY!
Volunteers are needed to help SOL Fun Day be successful. If you are available to assist or volunteer on Friday, May 13th, please let us know. Click HERE for more information and form to submit and turn in.
SOL Fun Day: Your Help is Needed!
May 13th is going to be a special day for our students. The staff and volunteers (we need your help) will be hosting an interactive and integrated event where students will be reviewing SOL information all while participating in games and activities. It is a fun and educational time for the students. Volunteers are needed. For more information, click HERE for more information and form to submit and turn in.
Join the PTA
Please consider joining the EFF PTA this year. Simply fill out the PTA member ship flyer and return to the school. Just look at the benefits of joining.
- Your child benefits: When parents get connected to the school, children do better. Research shows children whose parents are involved get better grades, do better on tests, and have fewer discipline problems at school.
- We make a difference: Our mission is to create the kind of school community where teachers and administrators can do their best work – and so can our children. We provide support for teachers in and out of the classroom.
- We are about parent involvement, not fundraising. In these times of tight budgets, parents groups everywhere are having to fill in the gaps, and so are we. But our number one goal is to get more parents connected to the school. More than 300 independent research studies show that building parent involvement in education is the number one thing we can do to create a great school and improve student performance.
- There is lot to be done and it is fun: These days, schools are asked to do more with less. Our help is needed more than ever to fill in the gaps. Yet the work is easy and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. This is enjoyable fun.
- We have fun and meet nice people: We share an inevitably common objective: working on our children’s future. The PTA is a natural incubator for great friendships. Don’t miss out in being part of a larger community family.
Fairfield Volunteer In Education
We ask you take 5 minutes of your time to review the list of volunteer opportunities and consider signing up for at least one of them. There is great variety to choose from so we are sure you will be able to find something that is a good fit for you. If you are unsure at this time about what specific activity you wish to be involved in, but still want to volunteer, just let the PTA know and we will add you to the stand-by list that we will call on when help is urgently needed. Event volunteer sheets will also go out when the activity date approaches giving you another opportunity to sign up.
We also encourage you to watch the Volunteers In Education Video to get an overview of the program and to check out the VBCPS Volunteer In Education website for more information.
Connect with us
7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
8:10 a.m. - 2:40 p.m.