Have a safe and enjoyable summer
Report cards will be mailed on Friday June 26.
Students are allowed in Classrooms 7:55.
School begins at 8:10.
Students are dismissed at 3:04.
In the News
Fairfield Elementary School Newsletter
Be sure to check out the important dates and reminders in our Fairfield School Newsletter.
Chick-Fil-A Calendar Fundraiser
Calendars feature 12 great offers for free Chick-Fil-A menu items. If you would like to help raise funds for Fairfield PTA, please complete this form and send in 9$ for each calendar.
The Great Kindness Challenge: Week of January 23rd
The Great Kindness Challenge is a global initiative to make the world a kinder, happier place and spread the message that kindness matters! Students will hear quotes of kindness and be inspired to complete kindness checklists full of kindness acts they can do at school and home. To promote The Great Kindness Challenge, we will be having spirit days and a couple of kind projects that we hope students will participate in and enjoy.
Monday, Jan. 23rd: Powered by Kindness! Let's kick off the week of The Great Kindness Challenge dressing like Super Heroes!
Tuesday, Jan 24th: Linked Together by Kindness! This is a non-dress-up day where students will work on our school-wide kindness project: A GIANT chain of kindness acts!
Wednesday, Jan 25th: Peace, Love, and Kindness! Dress in your tie-dye, peace signs, hearts or hippie attire.
Thursday, Jan 26th: Linked Together by Kindness take 2! This is another non-dress-up day where students will finish their links for our Kindness Chain.
Friday, Jan 27th: FES is the Kindest!! Dress in Falcon Pride with blue and gold! The entire school will get in the shape of a heart and will be photographed!
Save the Date for The Parent Prom!
February 10th at 6:30-9:00 PM we will be having an evening of dancing and fun for the entire family. There will be a DJ, a photo booth, light refreshments and loads of family fun! Keep an eye out for more information to come.
Recommended Home Install for SOL Test Practice
The Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) has been working to expand the types of devices that school divisions can use in the administration of Standards of Learning (SOL) online tests. In order to accomplish this goal, the VDOE is upgrading its software from TestNav7 to TestNav8. The software will be phased in during the 2016-2017 school year. There are no changes to the subjects tested or types of questions that will be presented. TestNav8 online practice items are only available through the TestNav8 app. Instructions on how to install TestNav8 on various devices are listed at the link below. Practice guides should be used when reviewing the online practice items and are available on the VDOE website. To view online practice items you will need to download the new TestNav8.
Download Directions and Install
Please be sure to check out the Community Resource carousel located to the right of our school’s entry door. Here you can find information about Scouts, after school programs (YMCA, Taekwondo, KPC), summer camp and special programs. Also, visit our PTA table next to the carousel. Here you will find information about membership, PTA guidelines, budget, and upcoming events.
If you are new and need to register your child(ren) into Fairfield Elementary, please visit our school office between the hours of 8:30 and 2:30.
Join the PTA
Please consider joining the EFF PTA this year. Simply fill out the PTA member ship flyer and return to the school. Just look at the benefits of joining.
- Your child benefits: When parents get connected to the school, children do better. Research shows children whose parents are involved get better grades, do better on tests, and have fewer discipline problems at school.
- We make a difference: Our mission is to create the kind of school community where teachers and administrators can do their best work – and so can our children. We provide support for teachers in and out of the classroom.
- We are about parent involvement, not fundraising. In these times of tight budgets, parents groups everywhere are having to fill in the gaps, and so are we. But our number one goal is to get more parents connected to the school. More than 300 independent research studies show that building parent involvement in education is the number one thing we can do to create a great school and improve student performance.
- There is lot to be done and it is fun: These days, schools are asked to do more with less. Our help is needed more than ever to fill in the gaps. Yet the work is easy and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. This is enjoyable fun.
- We have fun and meet nice people: We share an inevitably common objective: working on our children’s future. The PTA is a natural incubator for great friendships. Don’t miss out in being part of a larger community family.
Fairfield Volunteer In Education
We ask you take 5 minutes of your time to review the list of volunteer opportunities and consider signing up for at least one of them. There is great variety to choose from so we are sure you will be able to find something that is a good fit for you. If you are unsure at this time about what specific activity you wish to be involved in, but still want to volunteer, just let the PTA know and we will add you to the stand-by list that we will call on when help is urgently needed. Event volunteer sheets will also go out when the activity date approaches giving you another opportunity to sign up.
We also encourage you to watch the Volunteers In Education Video to get an overview of the program and to check out the VBCPS Volunteer In Education website for more information.
Connect with us
8:10 a.m. - 2:40 p.m.